Sponsors

 photo 8e821ffd-bdb3-44b0-8df1-888119dd6850.jpg

Flower Braid & Mohawk


(click on photos to enlarge) 

I pre-pooed, washed, conditioned, and put her hair into 4 braids to dry overnight. 
In the morning, I removed the braids. I saw this cute flower on a youtube video, and a friend at N's school had his hair cut into a mohawk. So N begged me to put a mohawk in her hair too. I decided to do both styles, why not?! lol



Starting in the back of her hair, I created one braid on the left, going to the center of her hair. I stopped the braid once I reached the center. I did the same thing on the right and stopped at the center. Also I wanted to do uneven sized braids to create the mohawk. One braid is small, the next is big (and repeat) to create that effect. 


Once I reached the top section of hair. I used eco styler gel and a black hair tie, to create a simple side ponytail. Inside the ponytail I made 4 braids.


To create the flower petals, I create a simple loop by using one of the 4 braids. I tucked it into the hair tie. I continued doing this to each of the 4 braids. Since her hair is long, I had to create 2 loops with one braid. I wrapped the ends of her hair around the hair tie to hide them. 

FYI: You can use a bobby pin to secure the flower petals to the scalp. 


Here is the tutorial I used to create the flower. I made ours larger, since N's hair is thicker. 


The tutorial says to use a rubberband to create the flower petals, but since we are in the BeadsBraidsBeyond Protective Style Challenge, I could not use rubberbands. Instead I used a black hair tie to secure the flower petals.   


I finished her mohawk by creating one large braid. 




*Bonus Pic* Our new 8 week old chihuahua! 



4 comments

La Shauna | Tuesday, May 15, 2012

LOVE IT!!! it has a cool effect!!! I saw that youtube clip as well and can't wait to try it. Bonez is way too cute!!

Precious Henshaw | Tuesday, May 15, 2012

How cute! I love this!

curlyhairisbeautiful.blogspot.com | Tuesday, May 15, 2012

This is beautiful! I was trying to decide what to do to change up C's style- I might have to try the flower :)

Kandy | Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thanks so much ladies, your sweet comments mean alot :)

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment :)

Click On The Buttons To Follow Me!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you like what you see, and would like to donate, any amount would be greatly appreciated