Sponsors

 photo 8e821ffd-bdb3-44b0-8df1-888119dd6850.jpg

Protective Style Challenge: (week 3)

We took down N's first mini twists. I must admit I'm glad we tried that style. It lasted a lot longer than box  braids. It could of lasted longer, but the frizzies were driving me insane. I have to work on a better method to maintain them. For the take down process, I started in the middle of her hair, and un-twisted them. 


This is the perfect area to start taking down a style like this. If you need to go out, you can quickly cover the middle section with the hair from the front, sides, and back, and put it into a bun. 
As show below.


The take down wasn't bad, and she didn't have many knots, it was pretty easy to unravel the knots. I added a little oil to my fingers, to help glide my fingers down the twists. All together it took around a hour and a half to get all the twists down. Next we washed her hair, deep conditioned it, moisturized, and sealed. I left her hair in 6 braids overnight to air dry. The following afternoon I stretched her hair by banding it. (Which means sectioning the hair and adding hairbands down the entire section.)  This helped to make her hair semi-straight, for our next protective style.

Products Used:
Darcy Botanical Coconut &Hibiscus Oil (seal)
Blended Beauty Herbal Reconditioner (for D.C)
Suave Naturals Almond & Shea Butter (shampoo)
Cara B Naturally Leave In (for moisturizer)

4 comments

Dominique-Alexis | Sunday, February 12, 2012

Bunned twists looks really pretty for some reason =)

La Shauna | Sunday, February 12, 2012

I agree, the bunned twist is very pretty

curlyhairisbeautiful.blogspot.com | Sunday, February 12, 2012

I have such a hard time keeping C's hair moisturized in any style- mini twists and braids are a nightmare when it comes time to take them down. Even when I do big twists, her hair gets knotted because it's sooo dry! Ugh, it's frustrating. I love the twists on N's hair :)

Mama M | Monday, February 13, 2012

I love the bunned twists! And great idea to start take-down in the middle. I'm forever camouflaging a half-in or half-out style because I didn't time things properly. Great tip!

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment :)

Click On The Buttons To Follow Me!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you like what you see, and would like to donate, any amount would be greatly appreciated