Sponsors

 photo 8e821ffd-bdb3-44b0-8df1-888119dd6850.jpg

Product Review: Eli's Body Shop


Thanks Eli for allowing us to review your products!

Eli's Body shop specializes in the packaging and distribution of Organic beauty and wellness products. Our Organic and Natural products originate from Tropical Africa. We at Eli’s Body Shop are committed to providing organic and natural products to our customers around the world. Give us the opportunity to provide you with our unique services and solutions.


Organic Black Soap Shampoo

Black Soap Shampoo 275ml

Ingredients: Aqua, plantain skin, cocoa pod, coconut oil, palm kernel oil, shea butter, vegetable glycerine, castor oil, and chamomile.

Review: I always heard about all of the wonderful benefits of Black Soap. So I was super excited to wash with this! It has a nice light scent, not over powering (can't put my finger on it lol.) I love how this contains glycerine, this will really come in handy during the warmer months. The Black soap shampoo left her hair feeling very soft.  I really like how it worked up a good lather. A good lather to me, equals clean. This is not true, but in my mind, if I don't have a lather, I keep applying the product until I do lol. Black soap is known to help with eczema. So Moms who have kids with it, you should truly try this. 

Organic Shea Oil
Shea Oil - Mango Papaya 150ml

Ingredients: Shea oil, coconut oil, olive oil, grape seed oil, tea tree oil, jojoba oil, and mango papaya oil. 

Review: I love love love oils!! and so does N's hair. It smells delicious, and fruity. I used a small amount on top of her moisturizer to seal it in. I recommend this for hair that likes thick oils, and for those who need to retain moisture. The shea oil adds a really nice shine to N's hair. I didn't add moisturizer the next day, her hair was still shiny. That's a A+ in my book. 

Organic Black Soap Facial Cleaner

Organic Black Soap Facial Cleanser 150ml

Ingredients: Cocoa pod, plantain skin, coconut oil, aqua, shea butter, virgin vegetable glycerine, aloe vera, cucumber, green tea, and lime.



Review: I used this product for 4 days straight, and my skin felt AMAZING! I had a few pimples which I tend to get during "that" time of the month. (sorry for the tmi) and this stuff made them vanish! I told my Mom (big mistake) and she totally stole my bottle. Sigh. So since she stole it, I made her help with this review. In her words "Ohh Kay (my nickname) I love this stuff, My face is clearing right up. I want you to order your sister's some."...Well folks, it looks like I have to purchase some more for myself, and my siblings. Bottom line, if my Momma says it's a good product, then there is nothing more to say. Mom's are always right!

fyi: Im hiding the next bottle!

6 comments

LexFlNatural | Sunday, February 26, 2012

ahh more products to try great review :)

J Travis | Sunday, February 26, 2012

Have you ever heard that "too" much oils can be damaging? I've been using a mix of natural oils, typically olive and jojoba but sometimes those in addition to one, all, or combo of coconut, sweet almond and grapeseed. At least every two weeks I will heat them and let it sit in my hair for about 30min min, maybe over night if I don't feel like shampooing out. Two beauticians told me that will damage my hair. So far, it has made my hair healthy, shiny and strong. If I flat iron it, its not too oily, my hair is flowy and bouncy. Anyone ever heard this?

Kandy | Sunday, February 26, 2012

I NEVER heard that lol!! Ancient Egyptians, Indians, and Africans have been using oils for thousands of years on their hair and skin, wayyyy before "bottled lotion" was created by westerners. Even Jesus (as a baby) received frankincense, and myrrh, both are oils as gifts. Saying oils are damaging is like saying "drinking too much water is damaging" LOL. I heard from a "professional" that I should put a relaxer in N's hair once she turns 12 smh. We should listen to our own hair and it's wants and needs. If your hair is looking shiny and is healthy/strong, stick with it hun!!! People will always give a list of a million do's and dont's, but do what is best for YOUR hair :)

Kandy | Sunday, February 26, 2012

And Thanks everyone for reading and commenting, I appreciate the love :)

J Travis | Sunday, February 26, 2012

Lol, in totally agreement with you but I was wondering because I am new to using natural hair products. I'm feeling OCD because its so much info I want to learn so I can determine what's best for me while avoiding any damage. The best advice is to go with what your hair responds to and just calmly tweek as you go along! Thx for your feedback.

Kandy | Sunday, February 26, 2012

Your welcome and yes this hair world can be overwhelming. There is so many products and terms and etc, trust me I know exactly how you feel LOL. But paying to your hair wants is the best! If it's dry, use moisture. It's breaking, do a protein treatment. Avoid heat, and keep it in protective styles, and that's the basics. After that, it's about finding products. Don't worry, take your time, research through blogs, youtube and forums, and you'll fit right in.

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment :)

Click On The Buttons To Follow Me!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you like what you see, and would like to donate, any amount would be greatly appreciated