Sponsors

 photo 8e821ffd-bdb3-44b0-8df1-888119dd6850.jpg

Protective Style Challenge: Mini Twists (weeks 1-3)


For our Protective Style Challenge we decided to do ....mini twists!
Yes, mini twists! If you ask some of my facebook friends, they will tell you how much
I dreaded doing this style. It's a beautiful style, but I did not want to sit for hours, and hours, and I didn't even want to think about the take down process. Well, I caved in, and surprisingly it wasn't too bad after all!

 (fyi: the last photo is from week 2)
Here are some close up pictures.



This style took 3-4 hours we only had a few breaks. I started her hair in the back, I didn't part it, just sectioned it with my fingers. I washed her hair 2 days before styling and banded it. I used Eco Styler Gel mixed with Bee Mine Curly Butter for hold. For some reason I really like mixing the two products. The Eco Styler alone sometimes leaves a white flaky residue but has a really good hold.

But on the down side, the two products combined makes N's hair wet, and then once the twists dries it creates this kinda-cute-weird-crinkly-thingy <--ignore all of that...But it did create this curly look. Overall N said "Mommy, this is my favorite hairstyle!" Yes, her favorite, so you guessed it, we will be seeing more of this style lol.

Here is a tutorial video on how to do Mini Twists, I pretty much followed her directions.


Have you ever tried mini twists? If so, how was your experience? 

15 comments

LexFlNatural | Thursday, January 26, 2012

not on my daughter I dont know if I have the patience lol but I have done them on myself :)

UntrainedHairMom | Thursday, January 26, 2012

I have never done mini's..but I've done small twists...this makes me want to try the mini's though...kind of.. lol

Kandy | Thursday, January 26, 2012

I didnt think I would have the patience too, but it wasnt that bad, you should give it a shot :)

Angelica | Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hello, does the hair need to be naturally curly? And how exactly did you do that? Real pretty!

Kandy | Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thanks, well you would have to make sure that the hair is thick enough to hold the twists, so that the twists won't unravel. Here is a great tutorial on how to do it It's very simple, just take two small sections of hair, and wrap them around each other (like how you wrap the bread-ties from bread, those small wire-thingys)Well you are going to wrap those two sections around each other all the way down to the ends of the hair. I hope this helps and check out youtube for mini twists, there will be a few instructional videos.

Kandy | Thursday, January 26, 2012

I added a video to the post above, i hope this helps :)

Kandy | Thursday, January 26, 2012

Come on Brooke, I swear its not that bad!! I was a chicken too lol

My Baby Girls Curls | Thursday, January 26, 2012

I have done mini twists on my daughter's hair who is 1.5 back in November. Of course this was done while she was asleep and I loved the turn out. Twists (not minis) have always been the style of choice for her hair. However, I dreaded taking them out!!! I've done them once and haven't done them since. But after a nice long break, I think I'm ready for the challenge again. I can't imagine doing mini twists on that length of hair, lol, you are awesome! SN: Is it too late to participate in the Protective Style Challenge?

Shautel Walker | Thursday, January 26, 2012

I have done small twist on my hair, I think I will try mini twist tonight and if I like, I may try them on my girls this weekend..

Kandy | Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thanks hun, Im dreading the takedown process, but I hope it wont be too bad lol, you can gladly participate, but the deadline to win prizes is over. But feel free to share photos and join us :)

Kandy | Thursday, January 26, 2012

I wish ya the best, keep me updated

My Baby Girls Curls | Friday, January 27, 2012

Ok, great. I'm gonna challenge myself with the mini twists again (sigh), I have a long night ahead of me. Thanks!

Lauren | Wednesday, February 01, 2012

I love N's hair. It is beautiful. Jojo said yesterday about her mini twists "Mom I really like these I think we will leave them in for a week." LOL she cracks me up. I said "try like 4 weeks.

LexFlNatural | Friday, February 03, 2012

ummm her hair is gorgeous wow, you better than me because I would have no patience for that lol maybe one day :)

FrugallyMe | Monday, February 13, 2012

It looks great! I love the mini twist style, but I don't think I have the patience to do them, or to take them out!

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment :)

Click On The Buttons To Follow Me!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you like what you see, and would like to donate, any amount would be greatly appreciated