Sponsors

 photo 8e821ffd-bdb3-44b0-8df1-888119dd6850.jpg

Hair Myth Busters



Growing up I always heard from my family, especially my Mom and Grandma, a ton of Hair Myths. At the time, I believed each one! Once I began researching about natural hair care. I found out, that many of the things I thought were true, we in fact, not true. I created a list of some of the things that I heard.

1.) You should always frequently cut your hair, in order for it to grow longer.

2.) If you use a hot comb, on relaxed hair, it will fall out.

3.) If you leave the house with wet hair, you will catch a cold.

4.) Brush your hair 100 times a day, and it will help it grow.

5.)Your hair will fall out, if there is more than 2 people doing your hair at the same time.

6.) A pregnant woman doing your hair will help your hair grow. 
(Somehow her hormones helps you??) 

7.) Washing your hair frequently, will result with your hair falling out.

8.) If you don't grease your scalp every few days, you hair will be dry and will fall out.

9.) You can never have healthy hair with a relaxer.

10.) Don't relax your hair more than every 3 months, if you do your hair will fall out.

11.) Never have a young person style or wash your hair, because they do not know what they are doing.

12.) Don't comb your hair while wet, it fragile and will break.

13.) Do not leave conditioner in for too long.

14.) Most recently, a Man doing your hair will help it grow.

Crazy, huh? To this day my Mom still believes alot of these myths. She reads my blog, so since she doesn't believe me, hopefully your comments will let her know the truth LOL.  
What are some myths that you heard?

6 comments

Michelle G | Monday, September 05, 2011

When I was younger, I always heard dandruff in hair, especially braided hair, was a sign it was growing. In fact those people called it "growth dandruff."

Mama M | Monday, September 05, 2011

LOL I've heard most of these, but some were new - especially the ones about who touches your hair and what effects that has (wow, I shoulda been offering to do everyone's hair when I was pregnant!!). My husband swears by #3, he will not let anyone do anything with wet hair (no going outside, no going to bed). And I break #13 all the time by leaving conditioner in indefinitely - I'd say there's no such thing as too long when it comes to conditioner!!

Unknown | Monday, September 05, 2011

LMBO,i have heard a lot of these myself. I think most of these came from people who actually believe that this has happened to them. such as "ooh a pregnant girl did my hair and it grew, or when i dont grease my scalp my hair falls out." Most people tend to think that because something happened to them or works for them it will work for everyone. This are just that MYTHS! Your hair falls out for numerous reasons and non of these fit the bill. Your hair can grow for numerous reason, but not because of this. :-) this was great Kandy and funny

Nikki | Monday, September 05, 2011

I grew up hearing that I should only comb wet hair, never brush it. Isn't it funny how these myths live on through so many generations, even though we all *should* know better :-)

amandak23k | Monday, September 05, 2011

This might be true and it might be a myth, but since having my daughter everyone has told me the tighter you pull her hair the faster it will grow.

UntrainedHairMom | Monday, September 05, 2011

Lol, those are funny, great list. I would why they say you should leave conditioner in for a long time? I find the longer it is left in the better. I agree with Jamie, I'm sure these things happened/worked for someone and they decided to make it fact.

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment :)

Click On The Buttons To Follow Me!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you like what you see, and would like to donate, any amount would be greatly appreciated