Sponsors

 photo 8e821ffd-bdb3-44b0-8df1-888119dd6850.jpg

Twist Out

Hello everyone! We are back, I enjoyed my break, and I decided to reduce the amount of posts per week, so I can focus on my family more. I hope everyone had a good holiday. I loved seeing the kids in their beautiful dresses on our Facebook page. If you are on facebook come check out the wonderful photos.

 Over our break I decided to give N's hair a break, and tried chunky twists for the first time. I loved mini twists (click here to see our mini twist post) and after seeing BBB and Natural Hair Care Info lovely chunky braids, I decided to give it a go. 

I shampooed/conditioned her hair, with Blended Beauty products. Then after detangling, I placed her hair in 5 large twists. I unraveled one large twist, and added Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles and Hair Oil to the section. Using my comb, I parted a smaller section and added a tad bit of Eco Styler Gel. I created a two strand twist, and once I reached the ends, I twirled the hair around my finger. I continued doing this to each of the 5 sections, until complete. Whenever her hair started to feel like it's drying, I re-wet it with my spray bottle (water/conditioner mixed.) Overall I estimate that I made around 40 twists total.

I left her hair loose, and sent her to bed with her scarf. In the morning, I rubbed my shea butter mix throughout her twists. Then I slowly unraveled the twists one by one. I added a cute headband and we were off to take our Easter pictures. After our professional pictures, I snapped a few pictures of her hair on my own. 



 She received 2 compliments in church. Then another one in the park, and I explained how to do it while pushing two kids on the swings haha. I was surprised that the woman said "she couldn't wait to try this on her own hair!"



Products Used: 
Blended Beauty Soy Shampoo
Blended Beauty Herbal Reconditioner
Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles
Blended Beauty Hair Oil
Eco Styler Gel
Homemade Shea Butter Mix (click here to see the ingredients.)

Come back for our -Part Two- post on how I maintained this style & our thoughts on chunky twists. 

7 comments

Dominique-Alexis | Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Gorgeous hair as always! She's so beautiful!

La Shauna | Tuesday, April 10, 2012

GORGEOUS!!!!

Precious Henshaw | Tuesday, April 10, 2012

It's beautiful!! Love it!

Kandy | Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Thanks everyone for the sweet comments :)

Melly, Yaya's Mom! | Wednesday, April 11, 2012

You did a great job! N's hair came out beautiful!

Shay | Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I'm writing down everything on your list to buy it! lol

Antonia | Sunday, September 02, 2012

This is exactly what I needed to know about Twist Out and products to use. Thank you so very much for the step by step process. I am on my way out to buy the products!!! You are a lifesaver!! :)

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment :)

Click On The Buttons To Follow Me!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you like what you see, and would like to donate, any amount would be greatly appreciated