Sponsors

 photo 8e821ffd-bdb3-44b0-8df1-888119dd6850.jpg

Kandy's (?) Time

Last night I did 3 braids in N's hair, as a nighttime style. In the morning I planned on taking the braids out and let her rock a braid out. My husband got her ready for school this morning, and thought that, the 3 braids was her hairstyle for school. He sends her to school like that! I woke up at 7:45, and realized that she is in school looking a hot mess!

So I ran to her school and asked if I can see her, they asked "why" and I told a little white lie (I know shame on me) and said "she forgot her medication" They said "oh, our nurse will give it to her" I  replied  "No, it's okay I would rather give it to her" They said " You would have to give it to her, in front of a nurse" I said "okay." After I gave N her gummy vitamins I asked if I can use the bathroom to fix her hair. The nurse allowed me, so I quickly undid her braids and threw her hair into a single ponytail.

When I got home I told my husband what happened, and he thinks I'm crazy! and I went overboard! LOL but I didn't want her to look a mess in school! I was teased because of the way my mom did my hair, so I wanted to be sure that she wont be teased. (I think my childhood issues, must still bother me DEEP down LOL.)

Okay, my question is: Was I overreacting? If you agree with my husband then you are no longer my friend ( I'm just kidding) but seriously what would you do, if you were in this situation?

5 comments

Anonymous | Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I might have done the same thing when Lexi was younger.. however.. I have no room to talk cause Lexi is now getting herslf ready for school and when i picked her up from school yesterday she was wearing a bluejean dress.. with blue jeans under it..0_o I was horrified..lol made her change as soon as she got home...but then 30 mins later i was at McDonalds with her brother (she had choir) and this other little girl about her age was wearing a dress (prob her Easter one) with a pair of jeans under it..SMH... either i am NOT as cool as i thought.. or these kids dont care what others think..lol

Karli K. | Wednesday, April 27, 2011

LOL! oh dear!! I don't know. I think it would depend on how "bad" the braids really looked. If they were just an awkward kind of style I'd probably have left it, but if they were frizzing and coming out all over the place, etc, I might have done the same as you! But then kids will tease for anything - mom showing up, taking medications, etc, so as a parent we're in a bind no matter what we do! ;-) I think what you did was just fine :)
~Karli
www.curlyhairdoideas.com

Precious Henshaw | Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Lol I don't think it was an overreaction at all. I probably would have done the same thing. I was also made fun of for my hair and I wouldn't want my daughter to go through the same thing! Too funny though!



precious-curls.blogspot.com

Kandy | Wednesday, April 27, 2011

@Amber- you are cool to me :) I would of done the exact same thing! Easter dress with jeans, I guess Im old fashion because I can't get with that style!

@Karli- Yup one of the braids was going in a different direction than the others LOL. And you are so right, kids are cruel and they will find ANYTHING to tease others about! I feel so stupid, for having her take her gummy vitamins, she doesn't take meds, Im not great at fibbing. I couldn't think of anything to think of so I grabbed her gummy vitamins and ran to her school LOL. Thats why my husband called me crazy!

and Thanks Precious for making me feel better! I guess Im trying to stop and protect her from being teased :(

Kimberly @ Curlture.com | Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Doesn't seem like overreacting to me. And I thought the gummy-vitamins-as-medicine excuse was pretty quick thinking on your part! (And it made me smile as I read it!) Some day, your daughter will remember this incident and be amazed that you loved her enough to bring her gummy vitamins all the way up to school for her. ;)

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment :)

Click On The Buttons To Follow Me!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you like what you see, and would like to donate, any amount would be greatly appreciated