Sponsors

 photo 8e821ffd-bdb3-44b0-8df1-888119dd6850.jpg

What's in my shampoo? Part-One (Sulfates)

What does this.....



and this.....


have in common???


Well, they both contain sodium laurel sulfate and sodium laureth sulfate. These two ingredients are detergents. Yes, the same detergent known to "fight tough grease" on our pots and pans, or on our clothes in the wash. This is the same thing found in many shampoos. This is not heathly for people with curly hair, we need to retain some of our natural oils. If we wash our hair with detergent, we are stripping our hair of all oils. These products were designed for people with straight hair, who have naturally oily hair and need to get rid of the oils more often. This is why many straight hair people wash more frequently. So using products containing sulfates works well for their hair.
If your curly it's recommended to use a sulfate-free shampoo :)

click here for more information

7 comments

Tiffany: Diva Locks | Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Do you know of any good sulfate free shampoos because I haven't been able to find any.

Kandy | Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hey Divalocks, here are a few sulfate free shampoos
Organix coconut shampoo (you can find it at walmart)
Burt Bee's shampoo (target/walmart)
Bee Mine (online only)
Curls shampoo/curly q shampoo (online)
Deva Curl (online)
I hope this helps :)

TaylorH | Thursday, March 24, 2011

great post Kandyce!! @ Diva, I also find GREAT sulfate free shampoos for myself (i switched over a few months ago and my hair is soo much healthier) from any health food or natural health store in my city :) there are many great organic brands and then u dont have to pay for shipping as with some other products

Curly Hairdo Ideas | Thursday, March 24, 2011

lol! Great photo comparison!

I've found with my straight hair that it LOVES sulfate free products as well! I think it's a misconception that Any hair needs harsh detergents. If we let our bodies balance the oils themselves, they kinda find the right equilibrium! :) I use the same (new to me!) techniques on myself that I learned to use on my curly haired daughter! ;-)
~Karli
www.curlyhairdoideas.com

Diamond Velez-Ali | Thursday, March 24, 2011

To everyone with questions about sulfate free shampoos checkout my new post about shampoo and styling my children's hair.

We live in Brazil and have discovered that coconut soap works wonders. Here's the link: http://4ssssdddd.blogspot.com/2011/03/all-about-hair.html
Peace love and blessings!!!
Diamond V

UntrainedHairMom | Friday, March 25, 2011

I've been using Sulfate free shampoos on myself and my daughter for over a year now...I got our at a beauty supply store..they also sell them in beauty salons too!

Kandy | Friday, March 25, 2011

Thanks ladies for all of your great input, I love when we all come together to give tips and advice :)

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment :)

Click On The Buttons To Follow Me!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you like what you see, and would like to donate, any amount would be greatly appreciated