Sponsors

 photo 8e821ffd-bdb3-44b0-8df1-888119dd6850.jpg

Curly Updo With Flat Twists

I'm sure some of you have seen this style on Natural-Hair-Care-Info.com for N's feature. Well, I wanted to share it again here for those that didn't see it. I also wanted to tell you that this was my very FIRST time doing flat twists!!! Yes, I knew it wasn't hard and I pretty much got the technique I just never did it, until now, and I think I did a pretty good job! I must add with N's hair type I like cornbraids better, they last longer and look neater to me.

 

Prep: I washed N's hair the night before, and put her hair into 4 braids to sleep with. In the morning I unraveled the braids.  
 
Instructions:
1.)  I parted her hair from ear to ear (in half /horizontal.)

2.) Beginning with the top section, I made three (3) cornbraids on the sides of her hair, near her ears.
I did this on each side of her ears, so it was a total of 6 braids.


3.) I made 3 flat twists going towards the right, and 4 going toward the left.

4.) Next, I put the back of her hair into a ponytail. I wet the hair in the ponytail with water. Then I added a few sprays of Motions Setting Lotion to the wet hair.


5.) Finally, I added Curlformers all over the ponytail. The next morning I removed the Curlformers and sprayed some Bee Mine Juicy Spritz, and used Bee Mine Curly Butter to smooth down her edges.


2 comments

Precious Henshaw | Saturday, July 16, 2011

The curls from the Curlformers are gorgeous! The braids and flat twists came out very nice :)



precious-curls.blogspot.com

Tiffany: Diva Locks | Sunday, July 17, 2011

I love the curls and the flat twist look so pretty!

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment :)

Click On The Buttons To Follow Me!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you like what you see, and would like to donate, any amount would be greatly appreciated