Sponsors

 photo 8e821ffd-bdb3-44b0-8df1-888119dd6850.jpg

SpotLight: Shakirah & Starr

1.) Your name and little one's name/nickname?


My name is Shakirah, and my daughter's name is Starr. 





2.) What's your child's haircare routine?

We made a decision 8 mos ago to become natural! This decision was based on a more healthy lifestyle for my daughter's hair. We will never go back to perms. Lately, we have been doing protective styles using natural products. We have a routine of washing/deep condition. Then we braid it back up!


3.) What products are you currently using?

 I keep it moisturized with olive oil, coconut oil, and we use eco styler gel for her edges. We use Kinky Curly products, but lately I have my eye on Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo used For: Repairing, Strengthening, Hair Re-growth. Just because it can be used on all hair types, and have that retention that she need. 


4.) Do you use (or will or will not use) heat/chemicals on the child's hair?


We do not use any type of heat, and I band her hair. 


5.) Do you use heat/chemicals on your hair?


As of now, I am not using any perms in my hair either. 


6.) What was the worst hair tip you have received?


The worst advice I ever received about my daughter's hair was that, I was going to have to cut it all off for her to be natural, I did not do that! Her hair is growing well. I just keep a good watch on her ends. I keep them sealed with coconut oil. 


7.) Do you cut/trim the hair? if so how often? 


I do trim, but not very often, because the coconut oil has done it's job. 


8.) What is some hair advice you would like to share? 


 The best advice I can give anyone is, if you or your daughter edges ever come out, Castor oil grows it back fast. I forgot to include, we keep her hair oiled with Olive oil, a great help. Kandyland Kurls/BBB, has become our family.





-Shakirah, you are doing a marvelous job transitioning her hair to natural! Your story is truly inspiring, and of course Starr is just a .... Little star!!! She is beautiful! Keep up the great job!

-If you would like to see your child on KandyLandKurls please click on our tab "Participate" above, for more details.





1 comment

Anonymous | Saturday, June 30, 2012

MY NAME IS KIMBERLY COPES I AM VERY EXCITED ABOUT MIMI HAIR.. THIS STORY HAS INSPIRED ME UNTIL I AM LOOKING INTO IT FOR MY DAUGHTER DUE TO SLOW GROWTH AND HAIR BREAKAGE.THANKS SHAKIRA BEECHAM FOR SHARING..

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment :)

Click On The Buttons To Follow Me!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you like what you see, and would like to donate, any amount would be greatly appreciated