Sponsors

 photo 8e821ffd-bdb3-44b0-8df1-888119dd6850.jpg

Book Review: Wild, Wild Hair

Wild, Wild Hair

By Nikki Grimes
Illustrated by George Ford





This book has brought back my childhood memories of getting my hair done, and watching my sisters scream and cry when it was time to detangle their hair. This book is based on an African American girl named Tisa and her trial and tribulations of having tightly coiled, long natural hair. She avoids getting her hair done on Monday mornings, but in the end she will learn it is worth it. This book is very postitive in helping to boost little girls self esteem. It is an enjoyable easy to read book with rhyming words.

4 comments

Anonymous | Wednesday, February 09, 2011

ohhh thanks for this post...I need to get this for my daughter, before her fascination with "white-girl" hair starts, I don't want her to grow up thinking straight is the only way to go!

Riah | Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wow. I remember this book. I would read it at school. Her hair sort of reminded me of mine when I was little lol. Thx for posting this K.

ben | Friday, February 11, 2011

nice post !!! i followed u n check out my site http://www.travelnlife.com/

Kandy | Tuesday, February 15, 2011

@Kiana- I hope N doesnt get caught up with wanting straight hair, curly is AWESOME!

@riah- Your welcome! I wouldnt want all of that hair,it must take forever to wash and style lol

@ben- Thanks for following

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment :)

Click On The Buttons To Follow Me!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you like what you see, and would like to donate, any amount would be greatly appreciated