Sponsors

 photo 8e821ffd-bdb3-44b0-8df1-888119dd6850.jpg

Made From Earth Product Review PT:2




This is Part 2 of The Made From Earth Product Review. (Click here to read part 1.)


Holistic Honey Body Lotion
Ingredients: Witch Hazel, Coconut Oil, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Vitamin E, Organic Honey, Grapeseed Oil, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Black Willowbark Extract, Essential Oils, Neem, Rosemary, Mannan, Citric Acid.

Review: I have to start by saying how much I love the scent! It is not all perfumy, but it smells like sweet honey (ahh.) The Honey Body lotion is 100% organic and is very creamy. Honey is a natural humectant so it attracts moisture to your skin, which is a HUGE plus for N's dry skin. But is not sticky, when I think of honey, that's the first thing that comes to my mind. But again it is not sticky. I really like this lotion, it gets a A+ in my book. 


Grapefruit Glycolic Wash


Ingredients: Organic Herbals, Organic Aloe Vera, Decyl Glucoside, Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), Glycolic Acid, Lavender Distillate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Coconut Extract), Cocamide MIPA, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Jojoba Beads, Organic Kojic Acid, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, (2s)-2-Amino-5-guanidinopentanoic Acid, Organic Salix Alba (Salicylic Acid/Willow Bark), Olea Europaea (Olive Oil), Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Rose Hip Oil, Orange Peel Tincture, Oregano Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Grapefruit Seed, Organic Calendula, Organic Burdock, Organic Red Clover, Organic Rosemary, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol.


Review: Since N is only 7 and doesn't have any skin problems, I did not use this product on her face. I used it on mine. It has a high concentration of Vitamin C, which helps to exfoliate your skin. I have oily skin, so I wet my face and neck. I then applied a small amount on my face, and rubbed it in circular motion for about 2 minutes. After the first use, my skin brightened up. I thought it would feel dryer, but nope. They recommend using it 2-3 times a week. I think that would be a bit much, so once a week is perfect for me. 




Pure Aloe Vera Skin Treatment

Ingredients: Organic Aloe Vera Juice, Organic Rooibos Tea Extract, Emulsifying Wax NF, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Olive Oil, Palm Stearic Acid, Organic Jojoba Oil, Avocado, Witch Hazel, Vitamin E, Black Willowbark Extract, Rosemary Oleoresin, Neem Oil.


Review: They claim that this is best used to help with sunburns. But it is fall here, so I don't know about that. But after using the Grapefruit Glycolic Wash, I applied this to my face. I didn't notice a BIG difference, but I didn't notice anything bad either. It was so-so for me. They say it should be kept in the refrigerator to help get the cooling effect. But again summer has passed. So I will store this until summer, and I'll keep you all updated. 



Organic Lip Balm (Citrus & Blueberry)



Ingredients: (Citrus) Organic Sunflower Oil, Organic Beeswax, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Essential Oils of Orange, Lemon and Lime, Vitamin E, Rosemary Extract, Organic Calendula


(Blueberry) Organic Sunflower Oil, Organic Beeswax, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Blueberry Flavor, Vitamin E, Rosemary Extract, Organic Calendula.

Review: I gave the Citrus one to N, so she could use it in school. She has a bad habit of licking her lips and causing a crusty ring around her mouth. It annoys the heck out of me lol. So since kindergarten I made her keep some chapstick/lip balm in her bookbag to apply after lunch and during the day. After a week I asked her what she thought about the Citrus Lip Balm and she said it smells like oranges.....That was all she said. Getting a opinion from a 7 year old is like pulling teeth lol. So from a 7 year old's mouth, I guess its safe to say she likes it. 

I used the Blueberry for the week, and I used it as a base for my lipstick when I went out. It smells great. I honestly think most chapsticks are alike lol. But the reason why I would choose this, over any other brand, is the fact that it isn't filled and made out of junk. Simple as that. I'm always using and reviewing natural hair products, but neglected natural products for my skin and body. So since this is the same price as regular chapstick, I rather use this. 


1 comment

UntrainedHairMom | Thursday, October 25, 2012

Their lotion is the first honey product I've ever tried...like you when I thought honey I thought sticky, but I love this lotion! High five on swapping out the vaseline for natural lip balm :)

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment :)

Click On The Buttons To Follow Me!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you like what you see, and would like to donate, any amount would be greatly appreciated